The Richmond Police Department is warning the community about a recent series of strong armed robberies in the city.
According to the RPD, hot spots for robberies over the last month have included:
- 5000 Block of Cutting (near I-80)
- 300 block of South 27th Street (near Maine Ave)
- 19th and Virginia
- 5th and Pennsylvania
- 900 block of 23rd Street (near Esmond)
- 11000 block of San Pablo Ave
- 4800 block of Macdonald (near I-80)
- 23rd and Lowell
“Pay attention to your surroundings, avoid walking distracted and carrying valuables in plain sight,” police said.
To stay safe, the RPD advises that residents remain aware of their surroundings and don’t walk distracted, to walk with purpose and without things obscuring their ears or eyes. Most robbers approach from behind, police said. Walk in well-lit areas and don’t carry around valuables that may be attractive to robbers.