By Kathy Chouteau
The West Contra Costa Unified School District (WCCUSD) has announced that it has expanded its food service program during the COVID-19 school closures to include eight new locations. The additions come as the WCCUSD works to meet high demand at its meal pick-up sites, which will now total 17 in all.
“Last week, we served more than 43,000 meals to children in this community,” said WCCUSD Superintendent Matthew Duffy in a statement late Tuesday. “Yesterday, more than 12,000 meals were served, putting us on a pace to distribute more than 70,000 meals this week.”
To-go breakfast and lunch meals will continue to be served Monday through Friday to any child 18 and under, regardless of their socio-economic status or the school they attend. These are the new meal pick-up locations (check each site for hours):
- Ephesians COGIC, 2887 Foothill Ave., Richmond, Noon to 2 p.m.
- GRIP Family Housing, 165 22nd St., Richmond, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Independent Holiness Church, 605 S. 16th St., Richmond, Noon to 2 p.m.
- McGlothen Temple COGIC, 1443 Fred Jackson Way, Richmond, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Pilgrim Rest MBC, 831 S. 43rd St., Richmond, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Sion Miracle Temple COGIC , 1320 Sanford Avenue, San Pablo, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Richmond Roadrunners, 492 A Street, Richmond, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Zion Hill MBC , 5150 Bayview Ave., Richmond, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
To-go meals can also be picked up between 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at these existing WCCUSD distribution sites:
- Pinole Valley High School, 2900 Pinole Valley Road, Pinole.
- De Anza High School, 5000 Valley View Road, Richmond.
- Richmond High School, 1250 – 23rd Street, Richmond.
- Kennedy High School, 4300 Cutting Blvd., Richmond.
- Helms Middle School, 2500 Road 20, San Pablo.
- DeJean Middle School, 3400 Macdonald Ave., Richmond.
- Montalvin Elementary School, 300 Christine Drive, San Pablo.
- Riverside Elementary School, 1300 Amador Street, San Pablo, CA
- Nystrom Elementary School, 230 Harbour Way South, Richmond.
For more info, visit the WCCUSD’s website.