Reminder: A 104-hour full highway closure of westbound I-80 is tentatively scheduled for Labor Day weekend starting on Thursday, Aug. 31, and concluding on Tuesday, Sept. 5.
Westbound I-80 will be closed and traffic detoured beginning at the westbound I-80/I-780 interchange in Vallejo. Closures will tentatively start Thursday after 9 p.m. and conclude on the following Tuesday no later than 5 a.m., according to the County.
The Labor Day weekend work is the fourth of four weekends of closures needed this summer to support the I-80 paving project, which involves replacing concrete pavement in traffic lanes Nos. 2 and 3. Officials says completing the project over four weekends is preferable to doing overnight closures that would significantly lengthen the duration of the project.
Westbound I-80 Closure Detour Directions
- From WB I-80 at I-780 in Vallejo, exit onto eastbound I-780.
- Then continue on eastbound I-780 past Benicia.
- Continue on southbound I-680 towards Concord.
- Exit onto westbound SR-4 towards Richmond/Hercules.
- Re-enter westbound I-80 from westbound SR-4 in Hercules.
Learn more at www.cc80pave.com or submit questions to the Caltrans CC I-80 Pave Project Hotline at (510) 286-0319.