Artists and community members have an opportunity to make Richmond history.
The Richmond Museum of History is inviting submissions of original photographs for potential inclusion in an upcoming exhibit. Folks throughout the Bay Area can submit photos.
“Subject matter of photography must be somehow related to Richmond California,” according to museum officials, adding, “Family-friendly content is kindly requested.”
Deadline for submission is June 1 by 5 p.m. If your photography is accepted, you’ll receive an email notification by June 30. The photographs will be displayed between July and December in the Seaver Gallery at the Richmond Museum of History, 400 Nevin Ave.
For accepted submissions, “artists will be provided a modest stipend for their time and talent at the completion of the exhibition,” museum officials said. “The Museum will incur all costs related to printing and hanging all accepted photographs…submission materials will not be returned. Preference will be given to images that illustrate life in the City of Richmond.”
1) Create a submission with the following information:
- Artist’s Name: First name, Last name
- Contact Info: Mailing Address; Contact Phone Number; E-Mail Address
- Label submitted artwork with: Title(s) of Work(s); Year(s) Executed; Media; Dimensions
- Artist Statement
- Connection to Richmond, Calif.
- Send images as attachment (Jpeg only), longest dimension of 10 inches at 300PPI resolution
2) EMAIL SUBMISSIONS to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “2019 Photography Exhibit”