Ready to rock the summer of 2020? Point Richmond Music (PRM) is now accepting applications from local bands for its popular annual summer concert series.
This series is truly original: no covers are allowed. Since PRM’s mission is to support original live music, only bands that play original music are accepted at concerts, which occur on the second Friday of each month, June through September. The deadline for bands to apply is Feb. 29 and and they can do so by clicking here.
Selected artists will be notified by early April.
“If your band plays original live music and loves a community festival vibe, we want to hear from you,” according to a statement by PRM.
Artists are selected based on the following criteria:
- Bands should display a professional level of musical skill
- Point Richmond Series audiences favor up-tempo and mid-tempo music, and music they can dance to
- Rock, Pop, RnB/Soul, Zydeco, Jazz, Latin, Americana, and Reggae artists are encouraged to apply submitting original music
- Music should be appealing and appropriate to a wide range of ages and a diverse group of people, including children
- Generally, we favor groups of 3 to 6 players, though we have hired duos and a few larger groups
- Music should be live, and played by musicians (rather than electronic accompaniment)
- Artists from the Bay Area are preferred although we occasionally select bands from other areas
The Point Richmond Music summer concert series is free to attend and attracts hundreds of fans to the historic square for dancing in the street and delicious foods and drinks. The 18-year-old PRM puts together the concert series as a way to build community. The nonprofit also supports year-round music through sponsorship of the Point Richmond Jazz series, which runs October through May at the First United Methodist Church, and also contributes to Washington Elementary School’s music program.
To date, the 2020 sponsors include the Chevron Environmental and Community Investment Agreement Grant Program administered by the city, as well as the Gateway Foundation.
Those interested in becoming a sponsor or a volunteer can email [email protected].