UPS is holding its annual hiring blitz on Friday, Oct. 30, with an event from 10 a.m to 2 p.m. at 1601 Atlas Road in Richmond.
The company aims to hire over 100,000 seasonal employees across the country, and over 3,000 in the Bay Area, including driver helpers, package handlers and seasonal drivers.
Wages for some seasonal positions have increased to $38 per hour. UPS says 37 percent of seasonal workers last year came back to a permanent job after the holidays.
The hiring events “will strictly adhere” to COVID-19 pandemic safety restrictions, with everyone required to wear masks and socially distance. Applicants will wait outside before being called in for an interview, and a virtual option is available for those who’d prefer it, according to UPS.
Local UPS Brown Friday hiring fairs will be happening at the following locations on Friday, October 30:
- 10AM-2PM 1999 S.7th St. San Jose CA 95112
- 10AM-2PM 8400 Pardee Drive Oakland CA 94621
- 10AM-2PM 1601 Atlas Road Richmond CA 94806
- 10AM-2PM 2222 17th. St. San Francisco CA 94103
- 10AM-2PM 657 Forbes Blvd. South San Francisco CA 94080
- 11AM-3PM 4500 Norris Canyon Road San Ramon CA 95483
- 10AM-2PM 1245 Hammerwood Dr. Sunnyvale CA 94089
Those who are unable to attend a hiring fair can still apply online at UPSjobs.com. Videos featuring employees describing their work experience at UPS are also available at that UPS jobs website.