Wildcat Canyon Regional Park/Alvarado Park is among the ridgeline parks closed through Thursday at 8 a.m. due to safety concerns and cleanup needs resulting from high winds, according to the East Bay Regional Park District.
“High winds can cause falling trees and branches, which can cause injury and create safety hazards,” the park district said in a statement.
These parks are currently closed as a result:
- Anthony Chabot (Redwood Canyon Golf Course may remain open)
- Claremont Canyon Regional Preserve
- Huckleberry Regional Preserve
- Kennedy Grove Regional Recreation Area
- Lake Chabot Regional park
- Leona Canyon Open Space Regional Preserve
- Reinhart Redwood Regional Park
- Roberts Recreation Area
- Sibley Regional Preserve
- Tilden Regional Park (including Tilden Golf course)
- Wildcat Canyon Regional Park / Alvarado Park
Visit www.ebparks.org/parks for more info.
Editor’s note: The story has been updated to reflect a change by the East Bay Regional Park District in the park closure period. A change in wind conditions prompted the decision.