WCCUSD: New family enrollment begins Jan. 21


The enrollment period for new families wishing to attend their West Contra Costa Unified School District (WCCUSD) neighborhood school opens at 9 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 21, including for transitional kindergarten and kindergarten, the WCCUSD said. Current WCCUSD students who would like to transfer to a school within the WCCUSD can fill out their applications from Feb. 3 though Feb. 28.

Kindergarten children must be 5 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2020 to be eligible, and Transitional Kindergarten students must turn 5 between Sept. 2 and Dec. 2, 2020.

More information on enrollment can be found on the WCCUSD site here and on the flyer at the bottom of this story. Also, families are encouraged to attend the West Contra Costa Education Fair at Richmond High on Jan. 25, where you’ll find a wealth of information and resources about district schools and local organizations.

To enroll, follow these steps:

  1. Find your neighborhood school by entering your address here.
  2. Either visit your neighborhood school or enroll online (if you enroll online, you will still need to visit your neighborhood school).
    • To enroll online you will need:
      • Email account
      • PowerSchools Account (This created during online registration) The Register Now Link at the top of the page will be live at 9 am Tuesday, Jan. 21
      • Required documents ready to upload
  3. Make an appointment for an in-person ID verification and confirmation with your resident school

*Families who wish to enroll their child in Transitional Kindergarten online can do so by selecting ‘K’ or ‘Kinder’ in the online application. View the TK school chart to find your school of residence. 

Documentation & Records
The following documents ARE REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION at your school:

  1. Verification of residency (two documents)
  2. Age verification: birth certificate or Baptismal record
  3. Immunization record
  4. Parent, guardian or caregiver identification (one document)
  5. Documents required under special circumstances

Student placement is on a first come, first served basis upon submitting a complete enrollment application.

For more information, please contact your school of residence or the Transfer Office at (510) 307-4535.