The San Pablo EDC will host a Virtual Hiring Fair on Tuesday, Sept. 26 from 2-3 p.m., with the California Highway Patrol (CHP).
The CHP is recruiting for Public Safety Dispatcher and Public Safety Operator positions. There is a great need for talented and dedicated people to fulfill these important roles and there are multiple positions available across the larger Bay Area.
A career as a Public Safety Dispatcher or Operator for the CHP requires a desire to serve the public, attention to detail, the ability to think fast on your feet, and is an opportunity to make an impact on the lives of others. Dispatchers and Operators are the eyes and ears of the CHP, and a vital link between the community and the public safety services the CHP provides. Both positions offer excellent compensation and great benefits, and outstanding growth potential.
Public Safety Operator – Call Taking
- $4,090 – $5,633 per month
- 1 Year Probationary Period
- Only required to have a high school diploma/GED
- Type 40 + Words Per Minute (WPM)
- Promote to PSD after 6 months if you successfully complete Call-Taking Training (3-4 Months)
Public Safety Dispatcher – Call Taking and Radio Dispatching
- $4,628 – $6,373 per month
- 1 Year Probationary Period to learn both Call-Taking and Radio Dispatching
- Required 3 years of customer service experience or a combination of customer service and college education
- Type 40 + WPM
- Complete both Call-Taking and Radio Dispatching Training (8-10 Months)
You can connect to the event on Sept. 26 via Zoom:
Representatives from the CHP will briefly introduce their agency and speak about the open positions, and job seekers will have the opportunity to submit questions directly to the employer and have them answered live. Connecting with employers at hiring events, whether virtual or in-person, is a great way to network with companies that are looking to hire, and to find out more about how to apply and be considered for open positions. If you or anyone you know is looking for a great job in public safety – be sure to tune in.