Aiming to increase adoptions at the crowded Martinez shelter, Contra Costa Animal Services (CCAS) will offer adoption services every day through the rest of August, including Sundays and Mondays, when adoptions will occur from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Adoptions will additionally occur during regular shelter hours Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Wednesday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. The CCAS shelter is located at 4800 Imhoff Place in Martinez.
All adoptions are currently free, although a $25 licencing fee may apply.
“We’re pulling out all the stops to get animals out of the shelter and into loving homes,” said CCAS Director Beth Ward. “With our shelter being at or near capacity for months, we knew we needed to try some things differently to make adoption and fostering even more accessible to our community.’
CCAS currently has over 150 pets seeking permanent or temporary homes and all adoptions are currently free. Interested adopters and fosters can view CCAS’s available pets at www.ccasd.org, or come to meet them at the CCAS adoption center in Martinez.
View Animals Available for Adoption here.
Foster Information here.
Ways to Help Pets in Need
- Adopt a pet locally from a shelter or rescue.
- Become a foster, open your home to a shelter animal. Change their life.
- Volunteer to help animals in our community by giving your time and skills.
- Say thank you to the staff and volunteers that work tirelessly at the local shelter or rescues.
- Become a fan on social media and help share their stories.
- Get crafty, create kitty toys or eye-catching posters to help animals find their forever home.
- Donate items that the local shelter and rescues need to help the animals.
- Support responsible pet ownership, help keep animals out of the shelter.
- Donate to a local shelter or rescue