Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) announced Thursday it has implemented a moratorium on service disconnections for non-payment, effective immediately, due to concerns surrounding the coronavirus.
“This suspension will apply to both residential and commercial customers and will remain in effect until further notice,” according to PG&E.
PG&E will also offer its “most flexible pay plans to customers who indicate either an impact or hardship as a result of COVID-19.”
RELATED COVID-19 COVERAGE:
- PG&E suspends disconnecting service for nonpayment due to COVID-19
- Contra Costa College to begin remote instruction Monday
- Coronavirus causes WCCUSD to close all schools for three weeks
- Verde Elementary closes due to suspected case of coronavirus
- Richmond area businesses suffer amid coronavirus outbreak