Sign at Richmond Foods Co catches fire

0
998
Sign at Richmond Foods Co catches fire
Images courtesy of Richmond Firefighters Local 188.

Richmond Firefighters Local 188, the union representing the city’s firefighters, shared video from an unusual incident in which the sign of a grocery store caught fire on Sunday.

Firefighters responded to the block of 1300 Macdonald Avenue for a report of a fire “on” the Foods Co building, Local 188 said.

“In this case, it was the electric sign which somehow caught fire,” officials said.

The fire was quickly extinguished ad contained to the sign. No injuries were reported.