Community members are encouraged to “fill a bag, feed a family” as part of the 2nd Annual Holiday Food Drive benefiting the Iron Triangle-based Bay Area Rescue Mission.
The food drive, organized by the City of Richmond’s Community Services Department, encourages locals to get into the holiday spirit by bringing one grocery bag full of non-perishables to a Richmond community center by Dec. 18.
BARM’s most needed items include cornmeal, canned vegetables, sugar, and spices.
Food drive barrels will be located at various city facilities in Richmond:
- Booker T. Anderson Community Center, 960 South 47th St
- Building 440, 440 Civic Center Plaza
- Community Services Department (Recreation Complex), 3230 Macdonald Ave
- Disabled People’s Recreation Center (DPRC), 1900 Barrett Ave
- May Valley Community Center, 3530 Morningside Dr
- Parchester Village Community Center, 900 Williams Dr
- Richmond Annex Senior Center, 5801 Huntington Ave
- Richmond City Hall, 450 Civic Center Plaza
- Richmond Plunge, 1 East Richmond Ave
- Richmond Police Department, 1701 Regatta Blvd
- Richmond Public Library (Bayview Branch), 5100 Hartnett Ave
- Richmond Public Library (West Side Branch), 135 Washington Ave
- Richmond Senior Center, 2525 Macdonald Ave
- Richmond Swim Center, 4300 Cutting Blvd
- Shields-Reid Community Center, 1410 Kelsey St