The Pacific Sail & Power Boat Show is returning to the Richmond waterfront for its third consecutive year next month with expanded exhibit spaces in both the Marina Bay Yacht Harbor and the Craneway Pavilion.
The four-day show will open Thursday, April 19 through Saturday, April 21 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday, April 22, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Exhibitors from around the world will show off boats of every size and budget — from high-end sail and power yachts to multihulls, daysailers and inflatables — as well as boating equipment and attire. They’ll pack into the Craneway Pavilion and also fill 21,000 square feet of additional outdoor space. A beautiful walkway down to the Marina Bay Yacht Harbor docks will lead attendees to the in-water exhibits, organizers said.
“They are showcasing the latest marine products, boats, technology and services and the seminar instructors will touch on subjects from self-sufficiency and prep for your cruising adventures to the basics of understanding the impact of tropical cyclones on our oceans,” said Katie Kelly, Sail America Association Manager.
Details regarding available seminars can be found on the show’s website.
“Returning again this year is the popular Weather Forecasting & Cruise Decision Making Workshop presented by famed Meteorologist Lee Chesneau and Marine Diesel Engines: Maintenance & Troubleshooting by Nigel Calder, known for his best-selling Boatowner’s Mechanical and Electrical Manual and Marine Diesel Engines,” organizers said in a statement.
Hands-on boating clinics will be offered, run by Bay Area companies Club Nautique and Passage Nautical.
Here’s a list of other attractions being promoted by the show’s organizers:
- 510 Waterline offers free mini-intros to Stand Up Paddle Boarding with short rides at the boat launch ramp Friday 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. and on Saturday 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. They also have a Just Paddle excursion on Friday 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., an Earth Day paddle on Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. and a SUP yoga class on Sunday from 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- On Saturday Groundwork Richmond, an environmental organization restoring the environment with the next generation of environmental stewards, celebrates Earth Day at the Marina Bay Yacht Harbor with their kayak fleet, nature and environment interactive lessons and free on-the-water tours of Richmond’s historic waterfront.
- Also planned is a Coast Guard Helicopter rescue on Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (dependent upon Coast Guard priorities).
- If you are at the show by 5:30 p.m. on Friday April 20, you can attend the free Latitude 38 and Twin Rivers Marine Insurance party at Assemble restaurant.
- On Saturday Cruising Outpost hosts their annual free Cruisers Party at 6:00 p.m., with a raffle to benefit the Educational Tall Ships Foundation Project in Sausalito.
- Available at the Visit Richmond CA’s booth is the Richmond Trail Guide with a map of where to EAT, DRINK, STAY & PLAY in Richmond.