A firefighter and resident were injured after a blaze broke out at an El Sobrante home early Sunday evening, according to the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District.
The fire, caused by unattended cooking, was reported about 4:30 p.m. at a home located on San Pablo Dam Road, according to fire officials and the San Francisco Chronicle.
A resident was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation. The firefighter suffered a lower extremity injury and is expected to fully recover, according to the Chronicle.
Four residents were displaced by the fire.