Richmond’s waterfront is set to come alive from April 6-9, when the 2017 Pacific Sail & Power Boat Show returns to the Craneway Pavilion and Marina Bay Yacht Harbor.
This four-day event will feature sailboats, powerboats, gear, accessories, clothing, more than 100 boat industry-related seminars, on-the-water workshops, and special events, organizers said.
The massive boat show was held in Richmond for the first time last year and was billed as a success. Organizers announced it would be located here for five straight years. Previously, it was held at Jack London Square Marina in Oakland, but move to Richmond for the extra space.
Displayed boats will range from the 10-foot Hansa 303W to a 70-foot Marquis 690 Fly luxury yacht. Some small sailboats on the market will be available to attendees to demo.
The Craneway Pavilion is located at 1414 Harbour Way S., and the nearby Marina Bay Yacht Harbor at 1340 Marina Way South.
Show hours are from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. from Thursday, April 6, through Saturday, April 8. On Sunday, April 9 the show goes from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tickets are $18 one-day adult, with children 12 and under are free when accompanied by a paid adult. A two-day adult pass is $28 and four-day passes are $48 four-day pass (multi-day passes available online only).
An early bird one-day discount price of $16 is available when you purchase online today. Advance tickets are available for purchase here.
“We are thrilled to have expanded the show this year to include an all new in water powerboat display, new marine sports exhibits and activities, stand up paddle board demos, activities, races and more,” Sail America Association Manager Katie Kelly said in a statement.
Here’s a list of some extra highlights:
- All-New Inflatable Paddle Board Extravaganza Demo Day – Sunday, April 9 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Stand Up Paddle Board Races – Saturday, April 8, at 10:30 a.m., hosted by 101 Surf Sports. Bring your own board or easily rent one in advance at here, or call 415-524-8492.
- Radio Controlled Model Sailboat Display and Racing – Watch mini yachts racing in the Inner Harbor Basin at 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. each day of the show, courtesy of the Sacramento Model Yacht Club and Elk Grove Model Yacht Club. Perfect for all ages, visitors are also welcome to try maneuvering the model boats.
- Life Raft Demonstrations – Sal’s Inflatables/Viking will host a live demonstration of a full in-water inflation of various life rafts, while providing valuable information on proper life raft maintenance. Saturday, April 8, at 2:30 p.m. and Sunday, April 9, at 2:30 p.m.
- Parties Galore – From Friday evening TGIF fun to the legendary Cruising Outpost Party with a live performance from Eric Stone Saturday evening, there are plenty of opportunities to share good times with like-minded boating fans.