Athletes representing the Oakland Raiders, San Francisco 49ers and San Jose Earthquakes are set to appear at the 2nd Annual Mayor’s Community Fund Golf Tournament on Oct. 17, which raises funds for local youth sports programs.
The Quakes’ captains Jordan Stewart and Chris Wondolowski, Raiders Seth Roberts and Marquette King, and 49er Rod Streater are set to join the fundraiser, which will take place at the Richmond Country Club, 1 Markovich Lane, at 10 a.m.
Registration, driving range, and lunch commence at 10:30 a.m., with teams and individual players teeing off via a shotgun at noon.
More important than pro athletes, Mayor Butt said he needs members of the community to participate. On Friday, he reported needing at least 30 more people to sign up to play “to make this tournament work.”
“Help us meet our goal to raise $30,000 for Richmond’s youth sports teams and leagues,” the Mayor’s Office stated.
Tickets are $250 per individual golfer ($1,000 per foursome), and sponsorship opportunities are available (more information below).
Register here or contact Stacey Street at 510-234-1200 for more info.
- Platinum: $5,000 – Two Foursomes, Extra Table at Dinner for Eight, Mulligans, Door Prizes, Recognition in Tournament Promotion
- Gold: $2,500 – Two Foursomes, Mulligans, Door Prizes, Recognition in Golf Tournament Promotion
- Silver: $1,500 – One Foursome, Mulligans, Door Prizes, Recognition in Golf Tournament Promotion
- Bronze: $1,000 – Recognition in Golf Tournament Promotion
- Activity: $500 – Product Demonstration at Golf Tee, Recognition in Golf Tournament Promotion