Community members have an opportunity to help make college a reality for local high school seniors via a volunteer opportunity offered by the West Contra Costa Public Ed Fund.
In January, the Ed Fund will host a half-dozen free Cash for College Nights at local high schools where volunteers will help students and parents fill out financial aid forms, including FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and the California Dream Act.
Volunteers can participate in one or more of the scheduled Cash for College Nights. To volunteer, you must attend a training Wednesday, Jan. 6, from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the multipurpose room at 440 Civic Center Plaza in Richmond.
Please register for the training here by Jan. 5. Volunteers can be novices or experts in the subjects of helping students with financial aid.
Here are the Cash for College Nights dates and locations:
- January 14th, 6:00pm – 8:00pm at El Cerrito High School
- January 20th, 5:30pm – 7:30pm at Kennedy High School
- January 21st, 6:00pm – 8:00pm at Hercules High School
- January 26th, 6:00pm – 8:00pm at De Anza High School
- January 27th, 6:00pm – 8:00pm at Pinole High School
- January 28th, 6:30pm – 8:30pm at Richmond High School
For more information, please contact Ed Fund College Access Coordinator Veli Waller at 510-233-1464 ext. 105 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, to learn more about the various types of federal student aid you can obtain, visit here and watch the video below: