Arts of Point Richmond is holding its annual Holiday Faire this Saturday, when local artists will showcase their works while providing a fun and enlightening holiday shopping experience.
The fair is a central event to the daylong festivities set to occur in the arts-centered neighborhood Saturday, including the grand opening celebration of Kaleidoscope Coffee at 109 Park Pl.
For newcomers who haven’t heard of Arts of Point Richmond, or AOPR, the group was founded in 2008 by resident Altha Humphrey, who discovered a lot of her Point Richmond neighbors were artists and saw value in uniting their creative efforts. The group has since blossomed, helping to solidify the area as an artist’s bastion.
Fourteen local artists will be featured at AOPR’s Holiday Faire Saturday, which runs from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Point Richmond Community Center, 139 Washington Ave. They will exhibit and sell all sorts of works including paintings, jewelry, fabric art, photography, monotype prints, fish prints (gyotaku printing), etching & digital art, ceramics and pottery, organizers said.
While browsing, you can enjoy music, hot cider and cookies and meet the artists.
Of course, visitors are encouraged to visit other art galleries, studios and restaurants in the area.
Below is a full list of events in the neighborhood throughout Saturday:
* Arts of Point Richmond Arts & Crafts Faire, Pt Richmond Community Center, 11am-4:30 pm
* Ali Amaro /Art, Jewelry & Objects is on 41 Washington Ave, is a gallery, design studio, and boutique. She will be celebrating her 2nd year anniversary from 4 – 7pm. http://www.aliamaro.com/
* Next door at 39 Washington Ave. is “Emporium of Cool Stuff,” an antiques consignment shop. You will find period furniture, china, silver, textiles, paintings, and all the collectible kitsch and curios the heart could desire.
* Across the street is “Maison d’Boheme,” a colorful boutique that features Indonesian and Indian-inspired custom furniture, plus bohemian home goods, and accessories.
* Susan Shore’s studio/gallery – ar.ti.fact , 109 West Richmond Avenue, will be open. Par Connolly will be showing her pastel landscapes along with Susan’s work.
* On 111 W. Richmond Ave, is “Guillermina Asian Arts and Antiques”, where you will find Japanese and Asian antiques, folk arts, gifts, jewelry and art objects. http://guillermina.com/
* Also stop by the Grand Opening for Kaleidoscope Coffee, open from 6 a.m.-11 p.m. Bands will play beginning at 1 p.m. with a formal presentation by Cassie Cushing at 7:30pm with $1 glasses of Champagne and live Jazz starting at 8pm.
The photo above, taken from a previous Holiday Faire, was originally posted on the Point Richmond Business Association website.