Nov 6, 2015

Barry Dugar, the registered sex offender who posted bail last week following his arrest on charges of sexually abusing children at the group home he ran, was arrested again Thursday when new abuse allegations were discovered, police said.

The 50-year-old founding director of The Remember Us Peoples’ Project (TRUPP), which served the formerly incarcerated, is suspected of abusing at least five minors, Richmond police Lt. Andre Hill said.

After his arrest Oct. 28 on charges that he abused three minors, Dugar posted the $20,000 bail and was released. Today, he’s back in jail after two more victims were identified. He is now being held on $1.7 million bail.

With the minors, Dugar is accused of performing sex acts and also watching pornography and soliciting sex for money, police said.

More about Dugar’s criminal past has come to light as well. In 2004, he was convicted of molesting a minor and served four years in state prison. In 2009 and 2011, he was re-arrested for violating his parole.

Authorities are trying to figure out how a registered sex offender managed to care for kids and to run TRUPP, which was respected in the community and posed as a nonprofit even though it was unlicensed.

Bay City News contributed to this report


  1. The guy is a con man. Unfortunately, no one was paying attention. Had anyone checked the Megan’s Law site on the internet and put in his home address none of this would have happened provided that person was willing to act upon what they discovered.

    Charles Smith | Nov 6th, 2015
  2. I’m a parent of a Kennedy High student, I saw this man there he even told me he had the keys to the restrooms! I am most definitely putting in an complaint against the school!!!!

    Maria Herrera | Nov 6th, 2015
  3. He was posing as a football coach in the 1990’s! He lived in Triangle court. He always had a house full of kids! I never trusted him! I wouldn’t let my son join his football team! They need to continue to run his picture. I know there are more victims. Another thing, how was he allowed at Kennedy High with his record? What is it withKennedy High? This is the second child molester that has had access granted to the kids! HEADS NEED TO ROLL!! (Seriously)

    Xanthia Hill | Nov 6th, 2015
  4. Disgusting POS

    JC | Nov 7th, 2015
  5. one sick mo fo!

    a concerned citizen | Nov 8th, 2015
  6. I’ve known Barry for a long time, and this is some sick shit.smh

    Maurice | Dec 5th, 2015

About the Author

Mike Aldax is the editor of the Richmond Standard. He has 13 years of journalism experience, most recently as a reporter for the San Francisco Examiner. He previously held roles as reporter and editor at Bay City News, Napa Valley Register, Garden Island Newspaper in Kaua’i, and the Queens Courier in New York City.