Nov 25, 2015
No comments

A man was killed and two other people were injured in a drive-by shooting in North Richmond Tuesday night, according to the Contra Costa County Office of the Sheriff.

The shooting occurred about 9:40 p.m. on the 1500 block of 5th Street, officials said.

A 45-year-old North Richmond man was airlifted to a hospital after suffering gunshot wounds and died Wednesday morning.

The other two victims, an 18-year-old man and 35-year-old woman, suffered gunshot wounds but are expected to survive, sheriff’s officials said.

No suspects have been arrested. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact detectives at (925) 313-2632. Anonymous tips can be made to or (866) 846-3592.

An earlier version of this story incorrectly named the street for this incident. The story has been corrected and we apologize for the error.



About the Author

Mike Aldax is the editor of the Richmond Standard. He has 13 years of journalism experience, most recently as a reporter for the San Francisco Examiner. He previously held roles as reporter and editor at Bay City News, Napa Valley Register, Garden Island Newspaper in Kaua’i, and the Queens Courier in New York City.