Richmond police are investigating a robbery series during the past several weeks committed by several men in their early 20s or 30s who wear dark clothing to obscure their faces, police said.
“Victims have been approached who are walking and talking on their cell phones, entering and exiting vehicles, and entering their homes,” police said. “Often the suspects approach victims from behind. In some cases, iPhones were taken.”
Richmond police have announced a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the robbers.
“Please spread the word to your neighbors,” police added.
Residents seeing suspicious persons or activity are advised to immediately report it to the police department (510) 233-1214 #1. Anyone with information regarding these crimes is encouraged to contact Det. Rivera at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 621-1755.
What you can do:
– Pay attention to your surroundings, especially when entering and exiting your vehicles or homes, or when walking.
– Do not carry valuable items in plain view.
– If you see something suspicious, report it to the police. You can report anonymously. (510) 233-1214 #0 or call 911 for crimes in progress.
– Avoid texting and talking while walking. Find a safe space to use your phone.
– Avoid wearing headphones while walking that prevent you from hearing. When possible, walk with a friend.
– If you feel you are being followed and can get to a safe space where there are people, do so. If you are approached, comply with what is asked of you.
Crime | Oct 20, 2015
A 31-year-old Richmond woman was sentenced to 21 years in state prison Tuesday for fatally shooting a 16-year-old ex-boyfriend who …
Jobs | Jan 26, 2016
Starting Feb. 1, Chevron will begin accepting applications for Operator Trainee positions at the Richmond Refinery, the company announced today. …
Crime | Nov 18, 2015
The woman pictured is wanted by police in connection with the violent robbery of an El Cerrito High student on …
Crime | Jul 14, 2015
A man was killed and a 17-year-old critically injured after shots rang out at the Monterey Pines Apartments complex in …
Crime | Sep 6, 2016
The community is mourning the deaths of an 18-year-old and her unborn child following a shooting in San Pablo Monday …
Recent News | Feb 7, 2014
Although the US Postal Service says only a small percentage of packages end up lost or delayed at its national …