Community Energy Services Corp. (CESC) is seeking an administrative intern to assist with day-to-day operations of a Chevron Richmond-funded program that is reducing asthma triggers in North Richmond homes.
The paid internship is 24 hours per week for 16 weeks at a rate of $14 an hour with health benefits, CESC said. See the job posting at the bottom of this story for more details about the Administrative Assistant position, which will work out of CESC’s Berkeley headquarters.
The internship offers career development and guidance as well as an opportunity for the candidate to improve the lives and healths of their North Richmond neighbors. The person in the role will assist CESC, in partnership with Prescott-Joseph Center for Community Enhancement, Inc., in efforts to send trained teams into the North Richmond community with the mission of eliminating asthma triggers in homes such as dust and mold.
Services include replacing dust-friendly carpet flooring with linoleum, replacing moldy dry wall, plumbing, ventilation retrofits, window repair, and educational trainings. Chevron invested $295,000 in the program last year and another $300,000 for as many as 30 remediation projects this year.
To apply for the Administrative Assistant position, mail, fax or email cover letter, resume, and the names of three professional references to: Lourdes Clark, Office Manager, Community Energy Services Corporation, 1013 Pardee Street, Berkeley, CA 94710; or fax: (510) 981-0102 or email: Lourdes@ebenergy.org.
Candidates must reside in North Richmond, California.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The successful candidate will report to program managers and be expected to perform the following duties:
- Answer phones and schedule appointments
- Assist customers in accessing program services
- Facilitate communication between customers, vendors, and program staff
- Assist with customer outreach materials, such as flyers and applications
Data Entry and Job Tracking
- Process customer applications, material receipts, surveys/evaluations
- Track job flow, vendor completion of jobs
- Help manage program databases and client files
- Mail program applications and other materials to customers
- File customer reports
- Help manage inventory of program tools and materials
- Must currently reside in North Richmond, CA
- Interest in an administrative career
- Computer literate
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage many projects at once
- Bi-lingual in Spanish encouraged
- Sense of humor and team spirited
- Paid internship at hourly rate of $14
- CESC staff are dedicated, team oriented for a pleasant work environment
- Excellent administrative training opportunity
Interns will be provided with:
Uniform shirts; Workstation, including phone and laptop computer,
Position location: CESC 1013 Pardee St, Berkeley CA 94710
A stipend will be provided for travel to and from CESC’s office.
HOW TO APPLY
Mail, fax or email cover letter, resume, and the names of three professional references to:
Lourdes Clark, Office Manager
Community Energy Services Corporation
1013 Pardee Street
Berkeley, CA 94710
fax: (510) 981-0102 / email: Lourdes@ebenergy.org
Please label all emails and attachments: “Admin_Last Name”. No phone calls please.