The City of Richmond is warning commuters that all pick-up spots for buses, shuttles, paratransit and taxis at the BART Richmond Station will be relocated starting Wednesday to make way for construction (The above image shows where new pick-up and drop-off sites will relocate).
BART is commencing a $2.7 million project to improve the area outside Richmond Station for the benefit of pedestrians, cars and buses. The project, expected to be completed in September, will modernize the existing lot on the west side of the station, where riders are dropped off, picked up or where they catch the bus.
The improvements include better lighting; drought-resistant landscaping; more visible pedestrian paths; a ramp specifically designed for the physically impaired; a new drop off and pick up lane; a new designated taxi area; and a bus location with electronic displays on shelters showing real-time departures.
Due to construction, BART on Wednesday will close that area at Richmond Station and relocate all transit services to other areas near the station. Here is a list of the changes that travelers should note:
1. Kaiser Shuttle, Ford Pointe Shuttle and San Pablo Senior Transportation will move to the intersection of 15th Street and Nevin Plaza. All other paratransit services have been moved to El Cerrito del Norte Station.
2. AC Transit Bus Stops are moved to the north side of MacDonald Avenue east of 16th Street.
3. Taxi services are moved to the west side of 15th Street between MacDonald Avenue and Village Lane, adjacent to the parking structure.
4. Golden Gate Transit bus stop is moved to the south side of MacDonald Avenue between 15th and 16th Streets.
5. Passenger pick up/drop off area is moved to the sidewalk east of and adjacent to the parking structure.
6. ADA pick up/drop off area is moved inside the garage on the first floor.
BART apologized for the inconvenience, but said the improvements, which are funded via federal, state, county and BART sources, will be worth it.