Mar 12, 2015
No comments

A Richmond man who was assaulted by a group of up to 20 people in front of his home last weekend is not expected to survive the attack, police said.

The fight broke out about 11:30 p.m. Saturday in the 100 block of 19th Street, Richmond police Sgt. Nicole Abetkov said Thursday.

“A group of up to 20 people assaulted a 35 year old Hispanic male in front of his residence,” police said in a release. “The victim sustained major injuries and is not expected to survive.”

Few details about the case are being released while Richmond homicide detectives attempt to locate suspects, Abetkov said.

Police are hoping anyone with information about the incident will call Sgt. Johanson at (510) 620-6616 or Det. Wentz at (510) 621-1259, or (510) 232-TIPS (8477).


About the Author

Mike Aldax is the editor of the Richmond Standard. He has 13 years of journalism experience, most recently as a reporter for the San Francisco Examiner. He previously held roles as reporter and editor at Bay City News, Napa Valley Register, Garden Island Newspaper in Kaua’i, and the Queens Courier in New York City.