Feb 11, 2015
No comments

One person suffered smoke inhalation in a fire that broke out at a single-family home in Richmond Wednesday afternoon, fire officials said.

The fire was reported at 12:42 p.m. at 226 7th St. and brought under control in about 10 minutes, according to the Richmond Fire Department report.

A fire investigator confirmed the blaze was started by a resident cooking. Fire damage was isolated to the kitchen area but the entire structure suffered severe smoke damage, officials said.


About the Author

Mike Aldax is the editor of the Richmond Standard. He has 13 years of journalism experience, most recently as a reporter for the San Francisco Examiner. He previously held roles as reporter and editor at Bay City News, Napa Valley Register, Garden Island Newspaper in Kaua’i, and the Queens Courier in New York City.