Three Richmond residents displaced in Richmond house fire caused by electrical wiring

1
398
Three residents were displaced and one dog died in a house fire that broke out at a single-family home in Richmond on Monday

The fire was reported at around 3 p.m. at the 2700 block of Center Avenue and was brought under control within 15 minutes, according to a Richmond Fire Department report.

No injuries were reported but three residents were displaced and are in a temporary shelter provided by the American Red Cross. A dog died due to smoke inhalation.

Fire officials confirmed that the cause was electrical wiring in the home. Although the entire home suffered severe smoke damage, the fire was isolated to the living room and attic, officials said.

LEAVE A REPLY