Resident suffers smoke inhalation in Richmond house fire caused by cooking

0
292
One injured in Richmond house fire caused by cooking

One person suffered smoke inhalation in a fire that broke out at a single-family home in Richmond Wednesday afternoon, fire officials said.

The fire was reported at 12:42 p.m. at 226 7th St. and brought under control in about 10 minutes, according to the Richmond Fire Department report.

A fire investigator confirmed the blaze was started by a resident cooking. Fire damage was isolated to the kitchen area but the entire structure suffered severe smoke damage, officials said.

LEAVE A REPLY