Jan 27, 2015
No comments

Seven people were displaced following a damaging house fire near Richmond Civic Center late Tuesday morning, according to the Richmond Fire Department.

The fire, which investigators believe was linked to a clothing dryer, was reported just past 11 a.m. at 411 30th St., according to an incident report.

Smoke and flames could be seen on the home’s exterior when fire crews arrived. No one was inside when crews began battling the blaze.

The fire was brought under control in about 30 minutes and there were no reported injuries.

The entire structure suffered severe fire and smoke damage, although some personal items were salvaged.

Residents told fire crews that the fire had begun in the clothing dryer. A fire investigator later confirmed their report.

Comments

About the Author

Mike Aldax is the editor of the Richmond Standard. He has 13 years of journalism experience, most recently as a reporter for the San Francisco Examiner. He previously held roles as reporter and editor at Bay City News, Napa Valley Register, Garden Island Newspaper in Kaua’i, and the Queens Courier in New York City.