Sep 29, 2014
No comments

Fifteen people were displaced and one person was taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation following a fire that started in a Richmond apartment’s bathroom Saturday night, fire officials told Bay City News.

The incident was reported just before 10:30 p.m. in the 2400 block of Nevin Avenue. Fire officials said the blaze broke out in a fourth-floor unit.

Residents of six units were displaced, according to the BCN report, and were being helped by American Red Cross.


About the Author

Mike Aldax is the editor of the Richmond Standard. He has 13 years of journalism experience, most recently as a reporter for the San Francisco Examiner. He previously held roles as reporter and editor at Bay City News, Napa Valley Register, Garden Island Newspaper in Kaua’i, and the Queens Courier in New York City.