Jul 14, 2014
No comments

The panhandler accused of brutally attacking a woman who gave him money on Cutting Boulevard earlier this month was charged last week with two counts of forcible rape, one count of making criminal threats and one count of attempted second-degree robbery, according to Bay City News.

Isaac Ybarra, a 30-year-old homeless man, is being held on $2.3 million bail in connection with the horrific July 3 assault. He has also been charged with multiple enhancements for having prior felony convictions, prosecutors said.

About 6:10 a.m., police said, Ybarra asked the victim for money as she was walking near Cutting and Carlson Boulevard. After receiving cash, Ybarra then followed the woman and tried to engage her in conversation. As she was walking away, he grabbed her from behind, pushed her to the pavement and sexually assaulted her, police said. A nearby business owner heard screams and called police. In short time, police found Ybarra hiding under a car in the 400 block of 34th Street.

The victim survived the attack but was transported to a local hospital for treatment.


About the Author

Mike Aldax is the editor of the Richmond Standard. He has 13 years of journalism experience, most recently as a reporter for the San Francisco Examiner. He previously held roles as reporter and editor at Bay City News, Napa Valley Register, Garden Island Newspaper in Kaua’i, and the Queens Courier in New York City.