Jul 23, 2014
No comments

An 8-year-old boy was one of two injured in a Richmond apartment fire Tuesday that started while a resident was cooking french fries at 2:50 a.m., the West County Times reported Wednesday.

Nine people living in the three-bedroom apartment in the 700 block of Seventh Street were displaced due to the single-alarm blaze, according to the newspaper, which spoke with Richmond Fire Department Battalion Chief Merlin Turner.

The 8-year-old reportedly went to a local hospital after suffering smoke inhalation while another male hurt his hand while escaping through a first-floor window, Turner said. The fire was extinguished within 20 minutes and heavily damaged the kitchen, the Times reported.



About the Author

Mike Aldax is the editor of the Richmond Standard. He has 13 years of journalism experience, most recently as a reporter for the San Francisco Examiner. He previously held roles as reporter and editor at Bay City News, Napa Valley Register, Garden Island Newspaper in Kaua’i, and the Queens Courier in New York City.