Early-morning french fry craving blamed for Richmond fire that injures two

0
268
Richmond Fire Department offers tips for approaching fire season

An 8-year-old boy was one of two injured in a Richmond apartment fire Tuesday that started while a resident was cooking french fries at 2:50 a.m., the West County Times reported Wednesday.

Nine people living in the three-bedroom apartment in the 700 block of Seventh Street were displaced due to the single-alarm blaze, according to the newspaper, which spoke with Richmond Fire Department Battalion Chief Merlin Turner.

The 8-year-old reportedly went to a local hospital after suffering smoke inhalation while another male hurt his hand while escaping through a first-floor window, Turner said. The fire was extinguished within 20 minutes and heavily damaged the kitchen, the Times reported.

fire.7-23

LEAVE A REPLY