The Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center (REC), the Bay Area nonprofit that offers guidance to small business owners, has announced a long list of summer classes for Richmond residents.
The nonprofit provides both free and low-cost courses that help budding entrepreneurs grow sustainable businesses. Its program serving Richmond residents is funded and made possible by Chevron Richmond.
Courses are geared toward women and men who traditionally lack access to resources and information to achieve financial self-sufficiency through entrepreneurship, according to the REC website.
According to REC, “96-percent of graduates who entered Renaissance with an existing business remain in business.”
Courses are offered in both English and Spanish. See below for dates and times of June and July events. For more information on individual courses, visit REC’s website here.
Below this course list, we’ve posted flyers advertising the courses.
- June 17th, 6-8 pm- Launch Your Successful Business Orientation, English (Serra Adult School 6028 Ralston Ave, Richmond) [FREE]
- June 24th, July 1st, 8th, 15th, 6-9 pm- Start and Grow Smart, English (Serra Adult School- 6028 Ralston Ave, Richmond [$25 for the course]
- June 19th 6-8 pm Leveraging Loans to Grow Your Business, English (Richmond Chamber of Commerce-3925 MacDonald Ave) [FREE]
- June 26th, 6:30-9:30 pm- Social Media and Websites Workshop, English (Richmond Chamber of Commerce- 3925 MacDonald Ave) [FREE]
- June 24th, 6-8 pm Launch Your Successful Business Orientation, English (CHDC Community Heritage Senior Apartments- 1555 3rd Street) [FREE]
- July 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st- Start and Grow Smart, Spanish (Richmond Chamber of Commerce-3925 MacDonald Ave) [$25 for course]
- July 11th, 18th, 25th, and July 1st, 10 am- 1 pm. Start and Grow Smart, English (Bridge Artspace- 23 Maine Ave) [$25 for course]
- July 18 (7-9 pm) and July 19th (10 am-12 pm) Start Your Own Commercial Urban Agriculture Operation, English (Bridge Artspace-23 Maine Avenue [$25 for the course]