Interstate 580 through Richmond and Berkeley was named as one of the Bay Area’s most notorious speed traps by sfgate.com.
“When it’s not backed up due to Bay Bridge traffic, Interstate 580 through Berkeley and Richmond is an easy place to get busted for going to (sic) fast,” the San Francisco Chronicle website stated.
Also making the sfgate.com top 10 list:
– Market Street between 7th and Embarcadero in San Francisco
– San Mateo Bridge
– Interstate 80 near Fairfield
– Interstate 280 near Lower Crystal Springs Reservoir in San Mateo
– Just north of the Golden Gate Bridge, Sausalito
– Presidio, San Francisco
– 19th Avenue near San Francisco State University
– Parnassus Avenue near University of California, San Francisco
– Highway 24 near Walnut Creek
What do you think, Richmond? Do you agree with this list? What other Richmond locations are known speed traps?